Over a Century in Santa Cruz County
Beginnings – 1912
Vapor Cleaning opened in March of 1912 on Pacific Avenue. Back then it had the cumbersome name of Vapor Renovatory Dry Cleaning Company and was owned by Mr. John Brubaker.
Move to Water Street
In 1913 Harry Shannon purchased Vapor and moved the business to Water Street where it operates today.
Wartime Dry Cleaning – World War II to 2012
In 1936 Vapor dry-cleaned the uniforms from Camp McQuaide (near Watsonville) and Fort Ord. Today Classic Vapor proudly services our military at the Presidio of Monterey.